3/1/09

The 5 Things I've Learned from Making a Facebook for My Cat



So this is Missile. Isn't she freaking cute?! We met last summer and have been connected by the hip ever since. One day while listening to MGMT (don't know why they inspired this but they did) I thought, "Hey, I should make her a Facebook!" So I asked my FB buddies what they thought and the response was split. Some thought I was crazy and others thought it was genius and honestly, it wouldn't have mattered. I would've done it either way. Look her up: Missile Yuskoff. Friend her!

The 5 Things I've learned from Making a Facebook for My Cat:

1. Yes, some people will think you're nuts for making a pet profile but your pet will love you either way so who cares. Besides, it's just plain fun to develop their personality.

2. It turns out you are not alone. Several people make pet profiles. Don't believe me? Do a search for "Purina Cat" on Facebook. Missile has been eyeing Otis T Cat. *Update: Just found this pet community: http://www.cuteashell.com/

3. Her posts crack people up. One of my friends told me Missile made his day after he visited her profile. Yeah!

4. Sic em' boy! So now when your friend posts that dreaded high school picture of you without your permission, you know the one where you look like shit and she looks hot, retaliate by sending your pet to post the time she got drunk at your house and...(Missile doesn't miss a thing).

5. And finally, as it is with any cuddly pet, it's a great cure for the blues.

*Update: It's been a month since Missile's FB was created and it appears she's got a fan!

2 comments: